11. 18. 11Apple Crisp
by Patty Ronning adapted by Paula Deen
FOR THE FILLING:
5 Granny Smith apples- peeled, cored, chopped small
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons all purposed flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
FOR THE TOPPING:
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons chilled butter, cut into pieces
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- FOR THE FILLING:
- Mix all the ingredients together. Place into a 7 to 8 ounce ramekins.
- FOR THE TOPPING:
- Mix the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt in large bowl. Blend the butter into the mixture until
- it forms pea size lumps. Stir in pecans and sprinkle over filling.
Bake crisps for 30 to 40 minutes.Cool 10 minutes before serving.
Gobble Gobble & enjoy!