November 10, 2011

11. 10. 11
griniwald by zanthia
Overflowing. Time spent in the book of Job this morning. Well needed.
The description of who God is, His character, His power, His majesty, is overwhelming and something I must learn to dwell on more often. Job, a man who suffered beyond anything we can imagine today, had an unwavering and steadfast trust in the Lord. No matter what the circumstance, Job trusted God. Job didn't categorize how much he could trust the Lord, and put Him in a box and say 'I will only trust You in these things since You've disappointed me in the past with (fill in the blank)'.  
Job trusted fully. 
Job 38: 1-13
 Where were you when I laid the foundation of the earth? 
Tell me, if you have understanding.
Who determined its measurements--- surely you know!
Or who stretched the line upon it? On what were its bases sunk, 
or who laid its cornerstone, 
when the morning stars sang together and all the sons of God shouted for joy?
Or who shut in the sea with doors when it burst out from the womb, 
when I made clouds its garment and thick darkness its swaddling band,
 and prescribed limits for it and set bars and doors, and said
 'Thus far shall you come, and no farther, and here shall your proud waves be stayed?' 
Have you commanded the morning since your days began, and caused the drawn to know its place, that it might take hold of the skirts of the earth, and the wicked be shaken out of it?
18 Declare, if you know all this.
34 Can you lift up your voice to the clouds, that a flood of waters may cover you? 
Can you send forth lightnings, that they may go and say to you 'Here we are'? 
Who has put wisdom in the inward parts or given understanding to the mind? 
Who can number the clouds by wisdom? 
39 Can you hunt the prey for the lion or satisfy the appetite of the young lions, when they crouch in their dens or lie in wait in their thicket?" 
40:8 " Will you even put Me in the wrong? Will you condemn me that you may be in the right?
Have you an arm like God, and can you thunder with a voice like His? 
Adorn yourself with majesty and dignity; clothe yourself with glory and splendor. 
Pour out the overflowings of your anger, and look on everyone who is proud and abase him. 
Look on everyone who is proud and bring him low and tread down the wicked where they stand.
Hide them all in the dust together; bind their faces in the world below. 
Then I will also acknowledge to you that your own right hand can save you."
41: 9-11"Behold. the hope of a man is false; he is laid low even at the sight of him.
No one is so fierce that he dares to stir Him up. Who then is he who can stand before Me? 
Who has first given to Me, that I should repay him? 
Whatever is under the whole heaven is Mine."

Job 42: 2-5
 "I know You can do ALL things, and that no purpose of Yours can be thwarted.
 'Who is this that hides counsel without knowledge?' 
Therefore I have uttered what I did not understand;
things too wonderful for me, which I did not know.
'Hear, and I will speak; I will question you, and you make it known to Me.' 
I had heard of You by the hearing of the ear, but now my eye sees You.