November 27, 2011

11. 27. 11

HOLLYWOOD & HIGHLAND'S ANNUAL CHRISTMAS PARADE!
enjoy x

^ the loads of people from here and there. some townies, some from out of town.
^ I, am a townie. And so, I walked. Dunks and all.
^ 10 minute count down. . . . . . . . . . . 
^ "awaiting" on HOLLYWOOD BLVD.
^ I appreciated this fellow bringing his friend along. I forgot to catch his name.  and just look at that smile! #petsarefun

AND FINALLY IT BEGAN...
^ The U.S MARINES started us off...
^PORTERVILLE girls
^ CAPTAIN HOOK
^ Mexican American Association 
^ the RIBBON GIRLS. they put on a stellar 60 second performance
^ LA TOYA JACKSON waving in white. even a Jackson showed up!
^ DRUMLINE
^ U.S AIRFORCE (such a nifty idea, riding down in little planes)
^ ELMO, because who doesn't love him?
...AND FOR THE CLOSER...
^ MEDIEVAL TIMES [princes & princessess]

I didn't get to stay for the whole thing, because my phone was low on battery life. But i'm really glad I drove in the midst of the chaos earlier to stop traffic and ask the street cop what the commotion was all about because I got to be apart of the Christmas parade this year, with the rest of this crazy town. And I'm sure you'd agree with me when I say, it was well spent time.
^ And of course, my feet that carried me home.